Move outs are one of the more common tasks you will perform in any self storage software solution. While your individual settings and internal procedures can add to this process the steps are always largely the same.
This video will show you how a basic move out procedures. Written instructions are included below. If you have any questions about how to perform a move in Syrasoft Connect you can call +1.800.559.5942 to speak with one of our technical support agents.
If you’re looking for instructions to perform a move out in Syrasoft Connect’s MobileManager®, click here for the MobileManager® documentation.
Starting the Move Out
Users operating self storage facilities with fewer than 300 units tend to use the Bird’s Eye View as their center of operations. To begin the move out process from the Bird’s Eye View, right-click the occupied unit of your choice(1) and click the Move Out icon(2).
Moving a tenant out of the Tenant Workcenter, right-click on the tenant of choice, hover your mouse over the Occupancy option and click on Move Out.
You can also perform a move out from the Unit Workcenter by right-clicking the unit of choice, hovering your mouse over Occupancy and clicking Move Out.
Review Unpaid Accounts Receivable
Once the Move Out Wizard launches you will be presented with a list of all unpaid Accounts Receivable items on the tenant. Syrasoft Connect will give you several options to choose from.
- Pro-rate out rent and recurring charges to the next rent assessment date.
- Assess a “No Notification Penalty” Charge
- Delete recent unpaid Accounts Receivable items for this unit
Once you have selected the effective date of the move-out, any, all, or none of the available options click the Next button.
Review Pending Charges
This screen will calculate the difference between the current billings and credits to determine the final balance on the effective date of the move-out.
This screen also gives managers an opportunity to take notes about the move-out or add a note to the unit’s record that will persist after the move-out. If a tenant reports damage or any other issue with the unit this is the place to add that information.
Confirming Move Out
A confirmation window will appear asking whether you want to continue. Clicking Yes will apply all pending transactions and will disassociate the unit from the tenant in the software. This cannot be undone.
Resolve Outstanding Balance
Any outstanding balance will be presented here and the operator will find three different options for managing the remaining balance.
- Apply Payment
- Use this option to accept a payment immediately.
- Hold Balance on Account
- The operator may opt to hold the balance if there is a deposit pending. This gives managers the ability to move the tenant out but keep the account open while the status of the unit is checked to ensure the lease has been fulfilled in its entirety.
- Write Off Balance
- Writing off the balance is used when an account has gone delinquent and all steps regarding liens and auctions have been followed. You will be given the option to apply the proceeds of the auction to the outstanding balance on the account if you select Write Off.
Total 2 Votes: