- Operators can quickly view detailed financial information, adjust financials and other options by using the toolbar icons.
- Basic unit information connected to the tenant in question is available for review here.
- Tenant and payment information is available for review or modification in this section.
- All outstanding charges and their progress towards payment are listed here.
- Effective dates, form of payment, amount of payment and payment notes can all be modified in this area.
Accepting Credit Card Payments
To accept a Credit Card payment via Manual Entry follow these steps.
- Select the appropriate Credit Card type from the dropdown menu.
- Tick this box if you would like to save the payment information to the customer’s account.
- Make sure the Manually Enter CC Info box is ticked.
- Enter the Credit Card number, expiration date and CVV code.
- Enter as much information as you can about the customer, depending on your merchant services contract this may result in a lower rate. Check with your provider for more information.
- You may also click Use Tenant Address Info to import the Tenant’s address into these fields.
- Check to make sure the Amount is correct.
- If your tenant would like to make this an automatic payment you can tick this box.
- You will need to have the box from Step #2 ticked to turn on auto-pay.
- Any payment-specific comment you need to make can be added here. You can also tick the Generate Receipt button and adjust whether that is emailed, or printed here.
- Once you have confirmed the information is correct click on Apply Payment.
Assuming the card processes correctly, the screen will close and the tenant’s account will be updated to reflect the payment made.
Card On File
Card on File Payments are simpler than Manual Entry Payments. If a Tenant has previously stored their card with the facility by default the screen will appear with the Use Card On File already selected.
To process the payment follow these steps:
- Check to make sure the Use Card On File is selected
- If your tenant is on the phone at the facility now is a good time to confirm the contact information is correct.
- The Amount field will populate with the total current balance. If the tenant does not want to pay the full balance you will need to modify this field.
- Does the tenant want to opt for automatic payments? If so, tick this box.
- Add any comments regarding this transaction. You may also change the default receipt settings for this transaction.
- Click Apply Payment to charge the card.
Assuming the card processes correctly, the screen will close and the tenant’s record will be updated to reflect the payment made.
Card Present Transactions
Card Present Transactions can be performed with the following steps.
To process the payment follow these steps:
- Make sure the payment method is set to the type of card you would like to run.
- Tick this box if you would like to save the payment information to the Tenant’s account.
- Does the Tenant want to switch to Automatic Payments? If so, tick this box.
- Make any notes about this transaction in the comments field. You can also change any Receipt default settings here.
- Check to make sure the Amount you are going to charge is correct. This field will automatically populate with the current Balance on the account.
- Tick the Swipe Card box here.
At this point the process branches depending on your merchant services provider.
EMV Pin-Pad Users
If you have an EMV Pin-Pad, once you’ve followed Step #6 click the Apply Payment button in the top left-hand corner of the window. The EMV Pin-Pad will then walk the user through a series of prompts until the payment is complete.
Once the card processes the Tenant’s account will be updated and the default, or selected, Receipt options will be executed.
If you are using a Plain Swipe you will need to click on Swipe Card after Step #6. A prompt will appear on the screen that will ask you to swipe the Credit Card. Once you have swiped the Credit Card, the Card # field will be populated with the Credit Card information.
As soon as the Credit Card Field is populated, simply click Apply Payment and allow Syrasoft Connect to process the credit card.
Assuming the card processes correctly the account will be updated and the selected Receipt settings will be executed.